ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was formed in the year 2008. The department has started B.Tech programme with an initial intake of 60 in the year 2008 and 120 from 2010 onwards. The department has qualified teaching staff with 5 PhDs and 25 M.Techs. The faculty members are involved in research activities and published/presented papers in national and international journals and conferences.
The department has progressed with a vision and a strong commitment to developing competent programmers with uncompromising standard of excellence in the training, both class room sessions and hands on sessions, given to students.
The department has well equipped computing laboratories and a rich repository of software covering a wide spectrum of applications.
The prospects for this course are limitless what with computers becoming a part of everyday life. Numerous MNCs and Indian companies are always on the lookout for skilled CS engineers and one can choose from a range of options.
A number of opportunities in the government sector are also opening up, especially in the field of e-governance and Government to citizen services. Students can also pursue higher education in specialized courses like Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, and Networking etc.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEOs) :
- Continue to demonstrate the application of the knowledge of data science to solve real-time engineering challenges in the tech landscape that use programming abilities, statistical analysis of data, build and assess data-based models, statistical analysis and data management in addition to the application of fundamental and conceptual knowledge of computer science and engineering
- Sustain their satisfactory professional career in their own start-ups or as a team member/team lead in an IT or allied industry
- Engage in self-directed learning and advanced studies based on the demand driven need of the industries and their interest for their professional and career accomplishments
The POs are the transactional statements of graduate attributes (GAs) that each graduating engineer should possess in terms of knowledge, skill and behavior with a minimum target performance level at the time of graduation as fixed by the program of study seeking continuous improvement year on year.The graduates of Computer Science and Engineering of NSRIT will be able to demonstrate the following outcomes in terms knowledge, skill and behavioral competencies at the time of graduation with the expected target performance level
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.(Engineering knowledge)
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences. (Problem Analysis)
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations. (Design/Development of Solutions)
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions. (Conduct investigations of complex problems)
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.(Modern Tool Usage)
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.(The engineer and society)
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development. (Environment and Sustainability)
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. (Ethics)
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings. (Individual and Team Work)
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions. (Communication)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments. (Project management and finance)
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. (Life-Long Learning)
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Able to apply the theoretical knowledge of Computer Science and Engineering and the foundational principles of software development to provide sustainable solutions for the real world technical challenges in the tech landscape by maintaining professional standards, ethical values and integrity.
- Able to adopt to technological changes by initiating self-paced learning to meet the industry demands.